Thursday 31 March 2011

Before & after

Before & after by Pygmy Cloud
Before & after, a photo by Pygmy Cloud on Flickr.

I got this little cabinet from a second hand shop in Crouch End, north London, called Junk and Disorderly - so many little gems in that place! After a lick of paint and a bundle of ornaments, it makes a nice addition to all my mismatched shabby chic furniture.

First, I sanded down the cabinet by hand and then I applied a one coat white paint. As the wood was so dark to begin with, I had to apply two coats. It still looks a little rough, but at least I can file this under the shabby chic category :)

There are a couple of items featured that are available in my shop too - the picture in the frame (Yay! It's spring) and the Raincloud droplets :


http://www.etsy.com/shop/pygmycloud